Re: [igraph] Problems with constraint calculation in igraph python libra

From: Eytan Bakshy
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problems with constraint calculation in igraph python library
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 02:15:19 -0500

Great, thanks, works like a charm.
-e

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Eytan,

> I am using the latest version of igraph for python 2.5 (v0.5) under
> mac os x 10.5, and the Burt constraint calculation only seems to
> yield 0's or 1's for each node's constraint, for both synthetic and
> empirical networks.

Thanks for reporting that, this is definitely a bug. However, it's
easy to fix. If you are able to recompile the Python interface from
scratch, you'll only have to search for igraphmodule_Graph_constraint
in src/graphobject.c and replace the following line at the end of the
function:

list = igraphmodule_vector_t_to_PyList(&result, IGRAPHMODULE_TYPE_INT);

The correct version is:

list = igraphmodule_vector_t_to_PyList(&result,
IGRAPHMODULE_TYPE_FLOAT);

If you are not able to re-compile it, just tell me and I'll send you a
patched version.

Best regards,