igraph-help

Re: [igraph] decomposing a graph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] decomposing a graph
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:33:27 +0200

Hi Alisa,

I have a graph with 4 clusters and want to decompose it. I applied the decompose.graph to my graph object. It returned an object that looks like a graph, but is not recognized as a graph object when I apply the is.igraph function to it.
decompose.graph returns a _list_ of graph objects. Use the list indexing operator to access individual elements:

gs <- decompose.graph(g)
gs[[1]] should give the first components
gs[[2]] should give the second and so on

--
T.