[igraph] Re: Analyzing Graphs with Non-standard Node Labeling

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: [igraph] Re: Analyzing Graphs with Non-standard Node Labeling
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:39:05 +0200

Gábor Csárdi wrote:
Lorenzo,

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Lorenzo Isella<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gabor,
And thanks for your help. This works brilliantly, apart from one case:
suppose that  (as it actually happens) my edge list shrinks to only a couple
of connected nodes
e.g.:

1101 1187

Then using graph.data.frame raises an error  (but it is still a  legitimate
graph)

l<-graph.data.frame(mydata,dir=FALSE)
Error in if (ncol(d) < 2) { : argument is of length zero

What is 'mydata' here? Because graph.data.frame works fine, even if
the data frame has a single line only:

library(igraph)
df <- data.frame(from=1101, to=1187)
l <- graph.data.frame(df, dir=FALSE)
Vertices: 2
Edges: 1
Directed: FALSE
Edges:
e [0] '1101' -- '1187'

G.

There are many ways to tackle this problem, but I would like not to lose the
info about the vertex names (i.e. I would like to extend the procedure you
suggested even to trivial graphs). The reason I am posting this is that I
need to post-process a list of time-evolving networks (automatically) and I
do not know beforehand the properties of the network I need to analyze.
Many thanks

[...]

Apologies,
I had inadvertently changed the data frame into a something else.
Cheers

Lorenzo