Re: [igraph] problems with edges

From: Davide Setti
Subject: Re: [igraph] problems with edges
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:05:43 +0100

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Figa Pelosa<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2) I now want to check the weight of the edge connecting vertex number 0 to
> vertex number 1, which should be 1.. so I write:
> g.get_eid(0,1)

this is not the weight but the edge id:

(done in ipython)

In [13]: g.get_eid?
Type:           builtin_function_or_method
Base Class:     <type 'builtin_function_or_method'>
String Form:    <built-in method get_eid of Graph object at 0x8d2fd2c>
Namespace:      Interactive
Docstring:
    get_eid(v1, v2)

    Returns the edge ID of an arbitrary edge between vertices v1 and v2

    @param v1: the first vertex ID
    @param v2: the second vertex ID
    @return: the edge ID of an arbitrary edge between vertices v1 and v2

Now you can get the edge (which is an instance of an Edge object) with:

> g.es[g.get_eid(0,1)]
igraph.Edge(<igraph.Graph object at 0x8d2fd2c>,0,{})

What i don't understant is where the weight is stored, because

> g.es.attribute_names()
[]

Regards
--