Re: [igraph] Compilation Issue Using Graph Generation

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Compilation Issue Using Graph Generation
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:04:25 +0200

Thank you for the input I will give that a go. The reason for linking statically is that the final application will be distributed to users that won't necessarily have igraph installed on there machine, so I was hoping to bundle the libraries statically to ensure that they would run correctly. Is this not the best way to get around this problem?
It depends on whether you are building a pure command line application or an OS X application bundle. In the former case, your best bet is probably static linking. In the latter case, you can include igraph as a framework in the application bundle -- typing "make framework" in the igraph source directory will produce a framework for you that can be used in your own project.