[igraph] GML file reader limitations

From: Thomas Gorochowski
Subject: [igraph] GML file reader limitations
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:13:11 +0100

Hi there,

I have been attempting to use the C attribute handler within my project and require that some graph level attributes (set using SETGAN) can be saved and loaded from file. I was hoping to use either the GML or GraphML file formats, and at first glance it appeared these support my needs. However, after trying to load a graph containing graph level attributes I get the error that the attribute cannot be found:

Error at cattributes.c:967 :Unknown attribute, Invalid value.

The documentation also states that only 'Version' and 'graph' top level attributes are loaded for GML graphs but that I should contact the developers if this is found to be a major limitation. How would I go about adding support for arbitrary top level attributes as these are the only way I can properly store settings about the graph in general that can then be used by my program.

Many thanks for your help,

Tom
--
T.E. Gorochowski
University of Bristol, Centre for Complexity Sciences (BCCS)