Re: [igraph] Adding edges from one graph to another

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Adding edges from one graph to another
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:24:48 +0100

> If I have a large graph G and a small graph M and a list L of size M (in
> vertices) containing the vertex IDs in G that correspond to each vertex of M,
> do any functions exist to add the edges present in L to G based on the
> mapping L?
There is no function to do that directly -- you have to code that yourself (I
guess). It's only a matter of remapping the edge list. In Python, this boils
down to the following code:

def add_edges_mapped(graph, edgelist, mapping):
    mapped_edgelist = [(mapping[source], mapping[target]) for source, target in
edgelist]
    graph.add_edges(mapped_edgelist)

--
T.