Re: [igraph] Possible bug transitivity for barabasi.game

From: Fabio Daolio
Subject: Re: [igraph] Possible bug transitivity for barabasi.game
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:12:16 +0200

If I'm not mistaken,
you're generating a network by adding one vertex forming one link at a time;
in this case your network will have a "tree-like" appearance and it will not be
possible for you to have links forming triangular closures among neighbors.
Hence the null clustering coefficient.

You can try, with a smaller value of n, to plot the network to see what I mean.
In order to change this behavior, I think you should provide the generating
a value greater than one to the parameter m, i.e. the number of links an
added vertex forms with the existing ones.
- please have a look at the function manual ?barabasi.game -

g1 <- barabasi.game(10000, m=1)
g2 <- barabasi.game(10000, m=2)
g3 <- barabasi.game(10000, m=3)

transitivity(g1)