Re: [igraph] possible attributes bug

From: Marco Valerio Barbera
Subject: Re: [igraph] possible attributes bug
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:19:10 +0200

On 23 October 2010 12:16, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
> this is indeed a bug, actually not in the attribute handling, but in
> igraph_strvector, or maybe even in libc. realloc() should work find
> with size=0 AFAIK, but it does not.

I just tried the patch and it seem to work! thanks a lot
anyway I don't get your point about the realloc. Of course it works
with size=0, and what it does is that it probably frees() the
allocated vector.

from the realloc man:

"If size was equal to 0, either NULL or a pointer suitable to be
passed to free() is returned."

this means that if the return value of realloc is NULL then the
realloc just freed the memory, otherwise you have to do it by
yourself.

> Anyway, I have corrected this, and a patch is attached.
> Thanks for the detailed report!

thanks again!

mb.

--