Re: [igraph] errors using power.law.fit

From: Martin Tomko
Subject: Re: [igraph] errors using power.law.fit
Date: 16 Nov 2010 11:07:51 +0100

hi Tamas,
thanks for your response. How would one call the C code from R? I may be able to install the C library. I would then have to somehow link it to my R installation and send it the graph object or the matrix with degrees that I get as result of degree(g), and get back an indication that I can or cannot fit it with the power.law.fit function, right?

Or would the C method do the Kolmorgov-Smirnov test AND the fitting. thus if I wanted to do it all in R, I just use a standard Kolmorgov-Smirnov?

Also, the article seems to imply - in the recipe part - that you estimate the alpha and Xmin parameters, and then test with the Kolmorgov Smirnov test for goodness of fit. Now, this implies that I still may run into troubles with the optim() error I got our of R. would you have any suggestion how to get rid of that?

Thanks
Martin