Re: [igraph] Better layout output in igraph

From: Håvard Wahl Kongsgård
Subject: Re: [igraph] Better layout output in igraph
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 13:33:04 +0200

Hi again, I think I have found a bug in the plot function in the
latest trunk. Don't know if this only concerns the pdf output, or all
plots
but with
plot_layout = i.layout_grid_fruchterman_reingold(maxiter=1000)
igraph.plot(i, "/home/havard/output.pdf", bbox=(800, 800),
layout=plot_layout,vertex_size=0.001,
edge_width=0.004,vertex_label=None,edge_curved=True,vertex_shape="circle")

http://zoom.it/2dEx (pdf converted to jpg)

Some node symbols are missing, and "circles" are instead strange symbols

-Håvard

2011/8/26 Håvard Wahl Kongsgård <address@hidden>:
>> Try edge_curved=True instead of autocurve=True.
>
> Thanks, that worked.
>
> -Håvard
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Tamás Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi, that random sample looks great, but it would look better if more
>>> edges were "curved".
>> You can make all the edges curved by passing edge_curved=True to
>> igraph.plot(...). autocurve curves only the multiple edges; single edges are
>> kept straight if possible.
>>
>>> But have you implemented this for all layout?
>> It should not depend on the layout, so the answer is yes :)
>>
>>> I tried it with
>>>
>>> igraph.plot(i, "/home/havard/output.pdf", bbox=(600, 600),
>>> layout="grid_fruchterman_reingold",vertex_size=0.007,