Re: [igraph] cx-freeze executable problem.

From: Herb Roseman
Subject: Re: [igraph] cx-freeze executable problem.
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 21:18:48 +0000

Worked!!!

Your knowledge of these systems never fails to impress.

Thank you again.

Herb

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 3:57 PM Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having a problem creating an executable from my script.
> [...]
> Import Error: No module named texttable
igraph relies on the texttable Python module to draw nicely formatted ASCII
tables in graph summaries. A copy of texttable is bundled with igraph but we
try to ensure that we use the one installed by the user and fall back on the
version bundled with igraph only if the user did not install texttable
separately. Unfortunately this requires some import trickery which confuses
cx_Freeze (it does not detect that igraph depends on texttable).

The solution is described in the cx-freeze docs here:

http://cx-freeze.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html#problems-with-running-frozen-programs

Basically, if you have created a setup script for your script, you need to add
"igraph.vendor.texttable" to the list of modules that you want to bundle with
your script in the "packages" option. Alternatively, add "import
igraph.vendor.texttable" to the top of your script -- this will make cx_Freeze
recognize the dependency.

T.