[igraph] How bad an idea is to access the igraph_vector_t and igraph_mat

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: [igraph] How bad an idea is to access the igraph_vector_t and igraph_matrix_t structs directly?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:12:44 +0200

Dear All,

The igraph_vector_t and igraph_matrix_t structs don't seem to be
documented.  Does this mean that they are not meant to be used by end
users and I should stick to the documented API instead of accessing
the structs directly?

For my use case, working with the structs is just more convenient,
especially for matrices.  I use C++ style being and end iterators
which seems to be stored int he struct and stor_begin and end.  I need
to copy matrices as fast as possible in row-major order, which seems
to be the internal storage format, while  matrix_copy_to() uses
column-major format.

So, to sum up: how stable is this interface and is it very risky is I
use it directly?

Szabolcs