info-chinese

[Info-chinese] entangled cheapen

From: Betsey Childress
Subject: [Info-chinese] entangled cheapen
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:10:54 +0200

So they clamped on a complete price-system. This was done so arbitarilythat the French Departments have never developed much vitality.
But, like everything else, it shouldfit into the co-ordinated pattern of the Third Reich.
But, no matter what happens, it will be mainly the weak and soft whowill perish.
Germanys whole national life has been systematically put on a warfooting. An outstanding feature of war economics is secrecy. Andnon-Nazis dont usually like to discuss the subject.
Most of them had entered the war as volunteers when they were mereboys. The more they prosper, the moreharmful they become.
Today the State or State policy controls or rulesbusiness.
Profits were skimmed off by drastictaxation.
Old American residents of Berlin have told meabout the conditions which then prevailed. Even though this emergency may have been largelyself-made, it nevertheless exists.
Across the street, sentries paced their beats withheavy, rhythmic tread.
Between the two extremes lay intermediateviewpoints.
Jews are givenregular foodcards, but no clothing cards were issued to them while Iwas in Berlin.
Both of these Nazi jurisprudence throwsinto the discard. We are crossing the thresholdof a new era. This I proved the first time I stopped for a moment tobend down and tie a shoe-lace. Closed motor-cars might be seen entering or leaving theResidence by its semi-circular drive. People ignoreor slide over premises and then wrangle bitterly over conclusions.
Lastly, the Party is itself incarnated and sublimated in the person ofits supreme Fuehrer. None of those I talked to would say very much. On thecontrary, it constitutes the bridge to a new world!
No safeguards exist in such cases for the individualcitizen.