info-chinese

[Info-chinese] typically

From: Joy Lambert
Subject: [Info-chinese] typically
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:23:31 -0400

Why did not my father and all the others fight in that struggle?
Myfather was a civil servant who fulfilled his duties veryconscientiously.
Working from abovedownwards, he was the chief patron of the movement to make Austria aSlav State.
These are certainly not looked uponas important matters. Even attendance at the REALSCHULE could not alter my way of spending mytime.
But this story of the Franco-German War had a special significance forme on other grounds also.
But itappeared to him then as if that longing were all in vain. He wondered whether I was in a sound state of mind.
It is a sort of basic word thatmay apply to any form of Constitution.
Inminiature they were mirrors of loyalty from which the older people mightlearn a lesson. That I had an aptitude for drawing was an admitted fact. The old Austria was a multi-national State. General von Lossow, the Bavarianchief of the REICHSWEHR no longer took orders from Berlin. These are certainly not looked uponas important matters. He orderedthat I should give up attendance at the REALSCHULE for a year at least. The Imperial House favoured the Czechs on everypossible occasion.
At the same time my interest in architecture wasconstantly increasing. This contradiction in my character made him feelsomewhat anxious. That he should writeharshly of the French was only natural in the circumstances.
This was in the fiftieth year of thelast century.
Second, I learned to understand and grasp the true meaning of history.
But this story of the Franco-German War had a special significance forme on other grounds also.
Indeed he haddecided on that career for me.
Leo Schlageters case was in many respects parallel to that of JohannesPalm. For hours and hours I could stand in wonderment before the Opera and theParliament.
In one column my qualification read verygood or excellent.
But in the German Empire itself those who were then its rulers sawnothing of what all this meant.