info-gama

Re: [Info-gama] GaMa how to make it work

From: Ales Cepek
Subject: Re: [Info-gama] GaMa how to make it work
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:45:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Doug Tarrant wrote:

> I have downloaded gamalib-1.3.39.tar.gz and gamalib.4.00.tar.gzip but
> what do I do then to get the program up and running, if in fact I can at
> all on a windows 98 machine?

Hi Doug,

if I understand you well then you are working on a windows
platform. The tar files you have downloaded contain only gama C++
source file. To compile and link the executables you need to download
sources for expat XML parser as well.

To compile GaMa under Linux you just run

                         make build

and similarly  under windows you go to directory gamaprog/win32-borland
or gamaprog/win32-msvc and run

                         make

If you do not have C++ compiler installed I can send you the
executable but probably you should consider downloading GUI Rocinante
for windows platform (do no hesitate to contact Jan Pytel who has
written Rocinante if you need help), see

            http://www.gnu.org/software/gama/rocinante/

There is one more way how to use GaMa adjustment without compiling the
sources yourselves: you can send XML input data to our mailserver by
email. See

    http://www.gnu.org/software/gama/doc/gama.html#GaMa%20Mailserver

for details.

Or if you send us you traverse network data we can help/guide you with you
first adjustment. I believe you will get familiar with the GaMa soon.

Ales