[Info-gne] revolutionary east

From: Robbie Garner
Subject: [Info-gne] revolutionary east
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:11:44 +0200

I am summoned to my trial at Kirk Aller in a weeks time. Clearly he knew her, for he picked up a reed fromthe floor. It was thethird day of April, but there was no sign of spring. And do not forget to pray for a change in thislamentable weather. Meantime he could fend for himself,and cook what food he needed. The Lord haddemanded a sacrifice, but the sacrifice was not yet complete, theman had said. The numbness of loss, the languor of fear, gave placeto recrimination.
You are the one man in Woodilee who has courage, David said. Im off this verra day to Moffat, and Ill noset foot in Woodilee till the pest has gane.
But it was the house of Calidon thatprovided the main necessaries.
The pest seemed merely to add rottingcarcasses to rotting souls. You mayhave to put reason into the folk with the flat of your sword.
There is the one whom we nowcall Mark Riddel. From Amos Ritchie he had a different answer. I fear no ill, for I am inthe Lords hand till His appointed time. Though the air was cooland tonic, beast and man sweated with the smallest exertion.
Once, coming at night up the manse loan, he heard footsteps on thedry earth approaching him. A word of Chasehopes stuck evilly in his memory. To-day the world was still clamped inbonds, and death was in the bare trees and the leaden sky. Think shame, man, to be such a whingeing bairn.