[Info-gne] port

From: Rolf Castillo
Subject: [Info-gne] port
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 23:32:10 +0800

But I cant imagine what the place will be like withoutyou.
She could not forget her new freedom so quickly.
Did youreally like the Island so much, Jane?
Janehad begun to feel curiously protective about mother .
Ah, that would be your grandmothers doings.
Ithought you ought to have a chance to like me if you could.
Maybe they were really leprechauns,squatting there. Nobodyknew who had made them, but Jane had the fun of watching folks eatthem.
Id have senther off with a flea in her ear . Jane bade every room farewell and just before they leftdad stopped the clock.
Ill keepthe heart of Lantern Hill beating for you. Id have senther off with a flea in her ear .
Jane and dad had expected a last quiet evening together but insteadthere was a surprise party.
Somebody at Lantern Hill or Hungry Cove or theCorners was always writing to Jane. Thecat with the green spots and the diamond eyes was winking at him.
And I thought you couldnt have been good tomother or she wouldnt have . Dad was scribbling furiously when she peeped into the study. Jane was sorryfor that, she had loved that tree. The wind thatnight didnt sound like wind at all .
Thecat with the green spots and the diamond eyes was winking at him.
There was anindefinable change over everything that meant autumn.
Id like to hear mummys side of it, was Janes last thought asshe finally fell asleep.
But so manythings may happen before then. Jane hunted upthe morning paper and looked to see what the weather report in theMaritimes was. The storm broke presently and lasted for two days.
Then sheheard dad shrug his shoulders in the hay. Surely there had never before been a day that dawned sobeautifully.
She hadnt wanted to come and now shedidnt want to go. Had dadheld her hand a shade too long when he said good-bye? Leastwise, thats what they said but I aint believing the world isround.
Its a base-lineroad and not many houses along it but Im told its simply lousywith leprechauns.
The sky to the north-east wasblack, the clouds were dark with bitter wind.
She knew perfectly well how to spell phlox but therewas so much to tell Polly .
Well take the Mercer road home, said dad.
Jane decided then and there to take a chance on it.