[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
29 Oct 2001 10:33:54 +0100
Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) XEmacs/21.4 (Artificial Intelligence)
GNU Bison 1.30 is finally released. We would like to thank our main
contributors: Marc Autret, Pascal Bart and Robert Anisko who cleaned
up and started improving Bison as part of their scholar assignments at
EPITA, and Hans Aberg for his continuous feedback.
The next steps in the development of Bison will be offering more
freedom on the output ---in particular C++ parsers are planed for a
near future---, and making it more modular, so that other parsing
technologies can be supported.
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison-1.30.tar.gz (645 kB)
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/bison-1.30.tar.bz2 (513 kB)
Here are the MD5 and SHA1 signatures for the compressed tar files:
Changes in version 1.30:
* `--defines' and `--graph' have now an optionnal argument which is the
output file name. `-d' and `-g' do not change, they do not take any
* `%source_extension' and `%header_extension' are removed, failed
* Portability fixes.
Changes in version 1.29:
* The output file does not define const, as this caused problems when used
with common autoconfiguration schemes. If you still use ancient compilers
that lack const, compile with the equivalent of the C compiler option
`-Dconst='. autoconf's AC_C_CONST macro provides one way to do this.
* Added `-g' and `--graph'.
* The Bison manual is now distributed under the terms of the GNU FDL.
* The input and the output files has automatically a similar extension.
* Russian translation added.
* NLS support updated; should hopefully be less troublesome.
* Added the old Bison reference card.
* Added `--locations' and `%locations'.
* Added `-S' and `--skeleton'.
* `%raw', `-r', `--raw' is disabled.
* Special characters are escaped when output. This solves the problems
of the #line lines with path names including backslashes.
* New directives.
`%yacc', `%fixed_output_files', `%defines', `%no_parser', `%verbose',
`%debug', `%source_extension' and `%header_extension'.
* Support for @$.
Automatic location tracking.
Akim Demaille address@hidden http://www.epita.fr
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Bison 1.30,
Akim Demaille <=