info-gnu

libmicrohttpd 0.9.27 released & libmicrospdy merged in SVN HEAD

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: libmicrohttpd 0.9.27 released & libmicrospdy merged in SVN HEAD
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 21:41:50 +0200

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the release of libmicrohttpd 0.9.27 and the
integration of libmicrospdy into our Subversion repository (but
not into the current release).

GNU libmicrohttpd is a small C library that is supposed to make it easy
to run an HTTP server as part of another application.  GNU libmicrohttpd
is fully HTTP 1.1 compliant and supports IPv6.  Finally, GNU
libmicrohttpd is fast, portable and has a simple API and (without TLS
support and other optional features) a small binary size (~32k).

libmicrohttpd 0.9.27 adds the 'MHD_quiesce_daemon' API for suspending
operations while finishing ongoing connections and incorporates a few
performance  (better page size for POLL, possibility of fewer select
calls) and documentation (new examples, better comments) improvements.

You can download GNU libmicrohttpd from

* ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libmicrohttpd/ and all GNU FTP mirrors.
* Our Subversion repository at https://gnunet.org/svn/libmicrohttpd/

Please report bugs to our bugtracker at https://gnunet.org/bugs/.

The documentation (including a reference manual and tutorial) can be
found at http://www.gnu.org/software/libmicrohttpd/.

More importantly, right after the release, I merged Andrey Uzunov's
libmicrospdy library into the GNU libmicrohttpd tree.  libmicrospdy
is an early (incomplete, alpha-quality) implementation of the SPDY
(draft 3) protocol, which is the designated basis for HTTP 2.0.  We
designed the libmicrospdy-API along the same lines as that of
libmicrohttpd, thus offering the same developer experience for both
libraries.

libmicrospdy currently only supports "GET" requests using the
'external select' execution mode.  We hope that with the help of
the community, we can eventually make libmicrospdy just as
feature-complete and stable as libmicrohttpd.

Happy hacking!

Christian
p.s.: I do not consistently announce all releases to the list; if you
want to make sure to not miss any release, subscribe to the project on
freshmeat at http://freecode.net/projects/libmicrohttpd/