[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GNU ddrescue 1.20 released
Antonio Diaz Diaz
GNU ddrescue 1.20 released
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:35:12 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20070601 SeaMonkey/1.1.2
I am pleased to announce the release of GNU ddrescue 1.20.
GNU ddrescue is a data recovery tool. It copies data from one file or
block device (hard disc, cdrom, etc) to another, trying to rescue the
good parts first in case of read errors.
GNU Ddrescuelog is a tool that manipulates ddrescue mapfiles, shows
mapfile contents, converts mapfiles to/from other formats, compares
mapfiles, tests rescue status, and can delete a mapfile if the rescue is
The homepage is at http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
The sources can be downloaded from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/ddrescue/
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/ddrescue/ or from your
favorite GNU mirror.
The sha1sum is:
This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by
appending ".sig" to the URL.
Changes in version 1.20:
* "logfile" has been renamed to "mapfile" everywhere, even in long
option names. ("--domain-logfile" is now "--domain-mapfile", etc). The
format of the mapfile remains the same; only the name has changed.
* The short name of option "--synchronous" has been changed to "-y".
* The long name of option "-d" has been changed to "--idirect".
* The new option "-D, --odirect" has been added. This introduces a
subtle backward incompatibility because "-D" was the short name of
* The new option "-J, --verify-on-error" has been added. It verifies,
after each read error, that the input device is still returning
* The new option "--max-read-rate" has been added.
* "direct disc access" now can copy arbitrary domains by reading
whole sectors and writing only the requested part.
* Accounting change; only bad_sector blocks are now included in
* The estimated remaining rescue time is now shown on the screen.
* Times are now shown in days, hours, minutes and seconds, instead of
as a fraction of the appropriate unit.
* Fill mode has been extended to write location data into each sector.
* An emergency save of the mapfile has been added. It can be
activated in case of ddrescue having trouble writing the mapfile.
* Device name is now shown with "--ask" or "-vv" on Haiku.
* Read-only mapfiles, like domain mapfiles or input mapfiles for
ddrescuelog, can now be read from standard input if a hyphen '-' is used
as mapfile name.
* Ddrescuelog can now show the status of more than one mapfile.
* "ddrescuelog --create-mapfile -" now writes the mapfile to standard
* The new chapter "Optical media" has been added to the manual.
* The configure option "--enable-linux" has been renamed to
* The targets "install-compress", "install-strip-compress",
"install-info-compress" and "install-man-compress" have been added to
Please send bug reports and suggestions to address@hidden
Antonio Diaz, GNU ddrescue author and maintainer.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GNU ddrescue 1.20 released,
Antonio Diaz Diaz <=