[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 28 Jan 2016 21:30:25 +0100
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.5 (berkeley-unix)
I'm happy to announce a new release of GNU Nettle, a low-level
cryptographics library. This is mainly a bug fix release, with few new
The Nettle home page can be found at
https://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/nettle/, and the manual at
NEWS for the Nettle 3.2 release
* The SHA3 implementation is updated according to the FIPS 202
standard. It is not interoperable with earlier versions of
Nettle. Thanks to Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos. To easily
differentiate at compile time, sha3.h defines the constant
* Fix corner-case carry propagation bugs affecting elliptic
curve operations on the curves secp_256r1 and secp_384r1 on
certain platforms, including x86_64. Reported by Hanno Böck.
* New functions for RSA private key operations, identified by
the "_tr" suffix, with better resistance to side channel
attacks and to hardware or software failures which could
break the CRT optimization. See the Nettle manual for
details. Initial patch by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos.
* New functions nettle_version_major, nettle_version_minor, as
a run-time variant of the compile-time constants
NETTLE_VERSION_MAJOR and NETTLE_VERSION_MINOR.
* New ARM Neon implementation of the chacha stream cipher.
* ABI detection on mips, with improved default libdir
location. Contributed by Klaus Ziegler.
* Fixes for ARM assembly syntax, to work better with the clang
assembler. Thanks to Jukka Ukkonen.
* Disabled use of ifunc relocations for fat builds, to fix
problems most easily triggered by using dlopen RTLD_NOW.
The shared library names are libnettle.so.6.2 and
libhogweed.so.4.2, with sonames still libnettle.so.6 and
libhogweed.so.4. It is intended to be fully binary compatible
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid C0B98E26.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.
Description: PGP signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- ANNOUNCE: Nettle-3.2,
Niels Möller <=