I have the great pleasure to let you know that a new version of Gneural Network (0.5.0) is now available! Gneural Network is the GNU package which implements a programmable neural network. Please, feel free to download it from the following link:
This new version represents a big step ahead compared to the previous one. In fact, it has the following new features:
- The installation process now follows the GNU standards.
- A scripting language is available which allows users to define their own neural network without having to know anything about coding.
- Advanced programmers can use the methods/routines inside the code for their own purposes.
- When defining the neurons of a network, it is possible to choose among various discriminant and activation functions, etc.
- Different methods to train a neural network are available.
- Neural networks can be saved once trained for later use.
- The code is truly cross platform since it is entirely developed in C and does not depend on any external library.
The network can now learn tasks defined by the user, and an example of script implementing a simple network which fits a curve is provided for clarity.
Happy Neural Hacking!
Jean Michel Sellier, Ph.D., M.Sc.