[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GNU moe 1.10 released
Antonio Diaz Diaz
GNU moe 1.10 released
Thu, 03 Jan 2019 23:40:11 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14
I am pleased to announce the release of GNU moe 1.10.
GNU moe is a powerful, 8-bit clean, console text editor for ISO-8859 and
ASCII character encodings. It has a modeless, user-friendly interface,
online help, multiple windows, unlimited undo/redo capability, unlimited
line length, unlimited buffers, global search/replace (on all buffers at
once), block operations, automatic indentation, word wrapping, file name
completion, directory browser, duplicate removal from prompt histories,
delimiter matching, text conversion from/to UTF-8, romanization, etc.
Moe can easily edit thousands of files at the same time.
The homepage is at http://www.gnu.org/software/moe/moe.html
The sources can be downloaded from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/moe/
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/moe/ or from your favorite GNU
The sha256sum is:
This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by
appending '.sig' to the URL. If the 'gpg --verify' command fails because
you don't have the required public key, then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 8FE99503132D7742
Key fingerprint = 1D41 C14B 272A 2219 A739 FA4F 8FE9 9503 132D 7742
Changes in version 1.10:
* The default right margin has been changed from 72 to 76.
* The new command 'C-o k' (capitalize words in block) has been added.
It uppercases the first letter of each word and lowercases the rest.
* The new command 'C-s p' (show line position in buffer) has been
added. It shows on the status line the percent position of the current
line in the buffer.
* Recursive load now ignores some non-text files by extension; ".a",
".o", ".z", ".Z", ".gz", ".lz", ".mo", ".po", ".ps", ".so", ".xz",
".bz2", ".deb", ".dll", ".dvi", ".gif", ".gmo", ".ico", ".jar", ".jpg",
".pbm", ".pdf", ".pgm", ".png", ".ppm", ".rpm", ".svg", ".tar", ".tgz",
".tif", ".tlz", ".txz", ".wav", ".rpms", ".svgz".
* Infinite replacement loops are now detected.
* 'C-q c' (exit without saving) and 'C-q x' (save and exit) now exit
much faster when editing many files (thousands).
* 'C-q x' (save and exit) now does not delete any buffer handles
until all modified buffers have been succesfully saved. And shows "Read
only" without asking for a name if a modified unnamed read-only buffer
* The UTF-8 decoder now converts some more characters.
* Showing the contents of a directory no longer alters the position
of the top line of the buffers menu.
* The buffers menu is now shown even if there is only one buffer.
* When showing the contents of a directory, ".." is now put always
first even if some file precede it in ASCIIbetical order.
* On buffers larger than 1000 lines, bookmarks 1 to 9 are now set at
10% to 90% of the buffer size in lines.
* The configure script now accepts appending options to CXXFLAGS
using the syntax 'CXXFLAGS+=OPTIONS'.
Please send bug reports and suggestions to address@hidden
Antonio Diaz, GNU moe author and maintainer.
If you care about long-term archiving, please help me replace xz with
lzip. See http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/lzip_benchmark.html#xz1
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GNU moe 1.10 released,
Antonio Diaz Diaz <=