[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IceCat 60.7.0 Release
IceCat 60.7.0 Release
Sun, 2 Jun 2019 17:10:36 -0400
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/52.9.1
GNUzilla is the GNU version of the Mozilla suite, and GNU IceCat is the
GNU version of the Firefox browser. Its main advantage is an ethical
one: it is entirely free software. While the Firefox source code from
the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend
non-free software as plug-ins and add-ons. Also their trademark license
restricts distribution in ways that hinder freedom 0.
GNU IceCat has multiple practical advantages as well, such as better
privacy and security settings, extensive blocking of sites that may
track the user's browsing habits, or the inclusion of LibreJS and other
The user manual pages are at http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:IceCat/
Please contribute by joining the wiki and editing the manuals.
Source tarballs, binaries for generic GNU/Linux systems and translations
are available at http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/
GPG key fingerprint: 318C 679D 94F1 7700 CC84 7DE6 46A7 0073 E4E5 0D4E
This is the 60.7.0 ESR release of GNU IceCat, an incremental upgrade of
the 60.x Extended Support Release, containing the following changes:
* Added extra build fail-safes
* Do not include the Debian package specifics
* Corrected description for "tracking protection" on on-boarding page
* Hardened privacy settings: spoof referrers by default, isolate
requests to first party origin, and disable sending the origin header to
the HTTP server.
* Updated extensions bundle:
- "LibreJS" updated to 7.19rc3, Now with Android support!
- Added "ViewTube" + "disable-polymer-youtube" extensions, which
- "TorButton" updated to 0.1.
- "HTTPS Everywhere" updated to 2019.1.31
- Improved interface for "Reveal hidden HTML"
- "Third Party Request Blocker" configured to allow requests
sub-domains of the same site, known CDN servers (this is fine since we
don't send referrers or origin headers), CSS files, and YouTube resource
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- IceCat 60.7.0 Release,
Ruben Rodriguez <=