[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
pspp-1.4.0 released [stable]
pspp-1.4.0 released [stable]
Sat, 15 Aug 2020 23:24:27 +0000
I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new version of GNU PSPP.
PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a
free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.
Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:
gpg --verify pspp-1.4.0.tar.gz.sig
If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 85199DE8C6648E90
and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.
Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.4.0:
* The file pspp-mode.el (the pspp-mode for Emacs) is no longer distributed
with PSPP. Instead, it can be installed directly in emacs and is available
* The Find dialog box, when searching for numeric values, will match only
to the precision of the variable's print format. This avoids behaviour
which is suprising to some users.
* PSPP now supports the SPSS viewer (.spv) format that SPSS 16 and later
use to save the contents of its output editor:
- PSPP and PSPPIRE can write output to .spv files.
- The new utility pspp-output can convert .spv files to other formats.
- The pspp-convert utility can now decrypt encrypted .spv files. The
encrypted viewer file format is unacceptably insecure, so to
discourage its use PSPP and PSPPIRE do not directly read or write
* A bug where the Data|Select Cases|Random Sample menu would generate
invalid syntax has been fixed.
* FREQUENCIES will emit a warning if one or more weight values are missing.
* Plain text output is no longer divided into pages, since it is now
rarely printed on paper.
* pspp-convert improvements:
- New "-a", "-l", "--password-list" options to search for an
encrypted file's password.
- New "--keep" and "--drop" options to output only selected variables.
- New "--recode", "--no-var-name", "--labels", "--print-formats",
"--decimal", "--delimiter", and "--qualifier" options to control
* Improvements to SAVE DATA COLLECTION support for MDD files.
* Bug fix for CVE-2018-20230.
* The /RENAME subcommand in SAVE TRANSLATE et al. has been extended
to support the syntax also accepted by other software.
* The EXAMINE command will now perform the Shapiro-Wilk test when
one or more plots are requested.
* The REGRESSION command now supports the /STATISTICS=TOL option which
outputs tolerance and variance inflation factor metrics for the data.
* The QUICK CLUSTER command now supports the /SAVE option which can
be used to save the cases' cluster membership and/or their distance
from the cluster centre to the active file.
* The MEANS command has been re-implemented.
* The GUI now has a sub-dialog for post-hoc tests of the oneway
* Gtk+3.22.0 or later must now be used when building.
* GRAPH: Categorical barcharts displaying percentages now show the
sub-category as a percentage of the primary category instead of the
* The Syntax Window now has a Find function to perform simple text
- The PRINT subcommand is now implemented.
- Many bug fixes.
Description: PGP signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- pspp-1.4.0 released [stable],
Ben Pfaff <=