info-gnu

GNU Linux-libre's nonfree releases removed

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: GNU Linux-libre's nonfree releases removed
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:08:01 -0300

https://linux-libre.fsfla.org/#retired-2021-09-27
2021-09-27 - Removing obsolete releases and repositories

We celebrate the 38th anniversary of the GNU Project and of the Free
Software movement by removing past releases found to contain nonfree
software.  Their cleaning-up scripts remain available from the git
repository, and from releases/old/gen6.

We're also removing long-obsolete repositories that still contained
builds of those and of even earlier releases.  Instead of freed-ebian
and planet, we recommend Freesh. Instead of rt, we recommend LibeRTy.  A
freeloong replacement might be added to Freesh if there's enough demand.

Freed-ora repositories for recent Fedora releases remain available, but
we're still looking for new maintainers for Freed-ora.

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker                https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist                       GNU Toolchain Engineer