[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GNU moe 1.12 released
Antonio Diaz Diaz
GNU moe 1.12 released
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:28:10 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14
I am pleased to announce the release of GNU moe 1.12.
GNU moe is a console text editor for ISO-8859 and ASCII character encodings.
It has a modeless, user-friendly interface, online help, multiple windows,
global search/replace (on all buffers at once), block operations, automatic
indentation, word wrapping, file name completion, directory browser,
duplicate removal from prompt histories, delimiter matching, text conversion
from/to UTF-8, romanization, etc. The file size, line length, number of
buffers, and undo/redo capability are only limited by the amount of memory
available and the size of the address space of your machine.
Moe respects your work. By default it won't automatically add, change, or
remove a single byte in your files. Moe is a WYTIWYG (what you type is what
you get) editor.
Moe can easily edit thousands of files at the same time.
The homepage is at http://www.gnu.org/software/moe/moe.html
The sources can be downloaded from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/moe/
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/moe/ or from your favorite GNU mirror.
The sha256sum is:
This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by appending
'.sig' to the URL. If the 'gpg --verify' command fails because you don't
have the required public key, then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 8FE99503132D7742
Key fingerprint = 1D41 C14B 272A 2219 A739 FA4F 8FE9 9503 132D 7742
Changes in version 1.12:
* A '+' alone (without line number) before a file name in the command
line puts the cursor at end-of-buffer. (Idea borrowed from GNU nano 5.8).
* Recursive load now ignores names with extension ".exe".
* In case of error in an argument to a command line option, moe now shows
the name of the option as parsed from the command line.
* The new command 'C-o b' (reformat paragraphs in block) has been added.
* Moe now centers the cursor the first time each handle is displayed.
* 'F2' (save) now can write an unnamed read-only buffer to a file without
setting the buffer name. One should always be able to write a read-only
buffer to a file as long as the buffer name does not match the file name.
* Files corresponding to terminal devices are ignored at startup.
* 'undo' and 'redo' now show feedback ("undoing...", "redoing...").
* The UTF-8 decoder now converts some more characters ('numero sign',
'arrow with tip', 'double arrow', 'Kelvin sign', 'Angstrom sign').
* The variable LIBS can now be set from configure.
* Several fixes and improvements have been made to the manual. (Reported
by David Apps).
Please send bug reports and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Antonio Diaz, GNU moe author and maintainer.
If you care about data safety and long-term archiving, please consider using
lzip. See http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/lzip_benchmark.html
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GNU moe 1.12 released,
Antonio Diaz Diaz <=