info-gnu

GNU Health Hospital Management 4.2 series released!

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: GNU Health Hospital Management 4.2 series released!
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 00:06:33 +0000

Dear community:

I am excited to announce the release of series 4.2 from the GNU Health
Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) component!

The 4.2 series is the result of one year of work and cooperation with
the community. Many new exciting features are included, bugs fixed and
new translations are now in place.

== What is new in GNUHealth Hospital Management 4.2 series ==

The following is a summary of the main new features included in GH 4.2 .

* Enhanced Medical Imaging functionality and ergonomics.
* Introduced GNU Health "Focus on" section on patient main form. Key
  health indicators that put our attention on the patient main health
  conditions. The main indicators are Cardiovascular (excl hbp), HBP,
  Nutrition, Cognitive, Social, Cancer and Immuno.
* Surgery package has been vastly revised and enhanced. Thanks to the
  collaboration with our colleagues from Cirugia Solidaria, the surgery
  package is now being used in thousands of operations and all the new
  functionality is available in this 4.2.
* Enhanced Insurance and billing functionality. Now, in one view we can
  integrate all product policies from a particular insurance company
  plan. The 4.2 release also allows to include a fixed prices on
  product or category.
* The Vital Record System (VRS) can now issue reports on birth and
  death certificates.
* Demographics can now accept entering estimate age / DoB.
* Health services has now the functionality of "grouping" all the tests
  from a single order - lab and medical imaging -. It allows
  automatically updating the service document directly right from the
  request order wizard. There a new "ungroup" checkbox that, when set,
  it will behave as today, ie, giving the option to the manager.
* Improved Patient encounter / evaluation. Medical interventions, DDx
  and secondary conditions. A new report is now available that
  summarizes the key information from the evaluation.
* Weblate translations holds 35 languages!
* Instance and connection information visible at the GTK client title
* On the technical side, we have improved unit testing on each package,
  speedup load times on large datafiles and using python-sql for most
  queries.
* Last but not least.... GNU Health is now REUSE (Free Software
  Foundation Europe) compliant! This is a great step forward, since
  REUSE facilitates documenting and sharing licenses of Libre projects
  like GNU Health. It's been quite a bit of work, but definitely worth!

== Upgrading from GNU Health 4.0 ==

The GNUHealth 4.2 will benefit from the stability of using Tryton 6.0!
Still, at GH level there are significant changes on the data dictionary
and kernel.

As usual:

* Make a *FULL BACKUP* your kernel, database and attach directories !!!
* Follow the instructions on the Wikibooks.

== Development focus ==

In addition of the GH HMIS server, we will focus the development in the
following  areas of the GNU Health ecosystem:

* The Documentation Portal. We now have a dedicated server that will
  host the documentation for the GNUHealth ecosystem components. The
  docmentation portal is a read-only resource, focusing on stability
  and high-quality. We will also keep using Wikibooks as a community
  wiki, as well as development.
* MyGNUHealth: The GNU Health app for desktop and mobile devices
* Thalamus and the Federation Portal. The GNU Health Federation
  integrates information from many health institutions and individuals
  from a region or country. The GH Federation portal will  allow to
  manage resources, as well as the main point for **analytics** and
  **reporting** of massive demographics and epidemiological data
  generated nationwide. People, health centers and research
  institutions will benefit from the GNU Health Federation and the GNU
  Health ecosystem in general.

As always, no matter how hard we try to avoid them, there will be bugs,
so please test the new system, upgrade process, languages, and give us
your feedback via them via health@gnu.org

The community server has been already migrated to 4.2.0, so you just
need to download the GNU Health HMIS client.

Main article at GNU Savannah:
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=10295

Happy and Healthy Hacking !

--