info-gnu

LilyPond 2.24.2 released!

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: LilyPond 2.24.2 released!
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 15:44:54 +0200

We are proud to announce the release of GNU LilyPond 2.24.2. LilyPond
is a music engraving program devoted to producing the highest-quality
sheet music possible. It brings the aesthetics of traditionally
engraved music to computer printouts.

This version contains a number of fixes since the release of the
previous stable version in February 2023. This includes an update of
the library for garbage collection, addressing crashes when compiling
very large scores (several hundreds of pages) on Windows. We recommend
all users to update. Scores converted to or written for 2.24.0 will
continue to work with this release.
A list of added features and other user-visible changes for 2.24 can be
found at https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/changes/. Among
others, version 2.24.0 switched to Guile 2.2 and features a completely
rewritten infrastructure for creating the official packages, finally
allowing us to offer 64-bit binaries for macOS and Windows. These pre-
built binaries are linked from https://lilypond.org/download.html and
available from GitLab:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases/v2.24.2