Wrong number of arguments?

From: Andy Jacobson
Subject: Wrong number of arguments?
Date: 03 May 2001 21:10:34 -0400

Howdy,

        The system folks here kindly reinstalled my OS today and now
        I'm having trouble reading my mail via gnus.

        Redhat 6.2, emacs 20.7.1, gnus 5.8.8 and bbdb 2.2.

        Whenever I try to display a mail message, I get the following:

Wrong number of arguments: #[(group article headers ticked dormant unread
&optional force) "„        Æ=?…L
§…L
ÇV…LÈ!…LÉ!ƒIÊËÌ
\"ƒ4
ǕÍO‚5
)
\"‰*@Î!‰Ç*AIˆ)ÇHÍ+‰,…K,ÇV…K„ˆ-ƒmË-\"…K.ƒ{Ë.\"?…
KÏ/012$…KÐÑ,\"‰+!?…KÒÓ+!!ˆÐ+!ƒ¨Ô‚KŠ3qˆÍÕ,\"ˆ)Ö ÇVƒI×+!ˆØ
!ˆ4AqˆdbˆÙyˆÍÚۏƒÞÙyˆ‚Ñoƒþm„øÇyˆÜp!,WƒÝyˆ‚Çyˆ‚ÝyˆÇyˆÞßÇHÝHàHáH
âHãH†äåH†#äæH†*äçH†1ä&
cˆ5qˆè,\"ˆ
6B6é
!ˆ)Ô*‡" [force gnus-use-cache article headers group gname passive 0 vectorp
gnus-virtual-group-p] 13], 5

        I haven't the foggiest idea how to track down what is wrong.
        Can anyone shed some light on this?  Is it possible to
        generate a backtrace in emacs to find the source of this
        problem?

        Gratefully,

                Andy

--