Re: Gnus shows really old articles

From: Subhankar Chatterjee
Subject: Re: Gnus shows really old articles
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 02:33:32 -0600

Hello,

Josef Oswald wrote:
Gnus (stable as well as unstable)  shows a few old articles-headers in
news-group like from January.
If I am correct a user can't set news-groups expire setting. So how can
I tell gnus only to show the most recent current postings?

I don't remember exactly, but is there any line in your ~/.gnus which says something like gnus-fetch-old-headers or similar? If it's there, turn it off. Gnus might be trying to fetch old headers in order to form a near complete thread.

Regards
Subhankar