Re: if (message-news-p)...

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: if (message-news-p)...
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 12:23:04 +0200

On Thu, May 06 2004, Guldo K wrote:

>> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>>       '((if (message-news-p)
>>             "news_inviati"
>>           "posta_inviata")
>>      )

It sets `gnus-message-archive-group' to "news_inviati" or
"posta_inviata" depending on whether the message is a news article or
not.  See (info "(gnus)Archived Messages").

>> (setq gnus-gcc-mark-as-read t)

`C-h i d m Gnus RET i gnus-gcc-mark-as-read RET' ->
(info "(gnus)Archived Messages")

But this feature (and this variable) doesn't exist in your Gnus
version (5.9).  You have to upgrade to 5.10 to use it.

> What's more, I'd like to have headers depending on what (mail) group
> is the active one as I open a new message. Is there any variable
> containing the active group name?

There is such a variable, but I'd recommend using posting styles:
(info "(gnus)Posting Styles")

> In fact I'd like to set a varying "From" field, since I manage more
> than 1 mail account.

Posting styles are the recommended way.

Bye, Reiner.
--