Newsgroup article count not being updated

From: Mike Irwin
Subject: Newsgroup article count not being updated
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 02:00:15 -0400

I'm seeing an issue where the article count for groups on my news server are
not being updated in the group buffer unless I restart Gnus.  For example, if
I've had Gnus up for awhile and type 'g' to get new news, the article count
doesn't change, but if I immediately restart Gnus, the article count is
updated.

Could this be an issue with my news server? If so, is there some way I can get
around this in Gnus?
--
mdi