Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:18:42 +0200

bigfaceworm@hotmail.com (bigfaceworm) writes:

> It all seems to work just fine, except that my messages get moved to
> nnimap groups - and I'd like them to be moved to the nnmail groups!

This is the point of nnimap -- it is for managing and using nnimap
groups, not nnmail groups.

> Is this possible?  I'd rather not have 2X my groups (one set nnmail and one
> set nnimap).

It is not possible with nnimap, but you can use mail-sources to get
what you want:

(setq mail-sources '((imap :server "your.host" ...)))

> Also, is it possible (when splitting) to leave the messages on the
> original NNIMAP server - just marked as read?  My Outlook will not
> schedule any meetings for me if the articles are deleted.

Huh.  I think there is a setting to prevent mail-sources from deleting
articles from the server.  That's what you want, I think.

Kai