Re: Clicking on adress in header means reply

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Clicking on adress in header means reply
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:30:18 +0200

On Tue, May 18 2004, Mårten Svantesson wrote:

> When I click an address in the header of a mail the message buffer
> that is set up I don't necessarily get the to-address I clicked on,
> but instead the one I would have got pressing 'r'.
>
> Is this behaviour possible to change?

I never liked that mouse-2 does a reply (including References header)
instead of composing a new message.

Please eval the following function (press `C-x C-e' after the last
brace).  Do you like this better than the previous behavior?

(defun gnus-button-mailto (address)
  "Mail to ADDRESS."
  (set-buffer (gnus-copy-article-buffer))
  (if (gnus-y-or-n-p "Really reply (don't compose new message)? ")
      (gnus-setup-message 'message
        (message-reply address))
    (gnus-msg-mail address))
  (and (boundp 'save-selected-window-window)
       (not (window-live-p save-selected-window-window))
       (setq save-selected-window-window (selected-window))))

> Is it intended or should I report it as a bug?

I'm not sure.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,