Re: nnmaildir renaming error

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: nnmaildir renaming error
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:09:19 -0400

jbpritts@yahoo.com (Jimmy Pritts) wrote:
> Does the nnmaildir package work with xemacs under cygwin?

I've never tried it.  I'm not surprised if it doesn't work.

> For example, if the file is "~/.nnmaildir/mail.misc/new/foo", gnus
> will try to move it to "~/.nnmaildir/mail.misc/cur/foo:2" but will
> fail.  I don't think colons are allowed with Windows, maybe this is
> the problem?

That makes sense.  You could try setting the "read-only" group
parameter; that will tell nnmaildir not to do the renaming.  It will
also tell it not to allow editing or deleting of messages, but those
functions can be split up to be controlled by separate group
parameters.  If you set the "Read-only" parameter, do you encounter
any other problems?

paul