Spam in Gmane groups (was: [off] Quantity of Spam)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Spam in Gmane groups (was: [off] Quantity of Spam)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:03:21 +0200

On Fri, May 21 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> On 18 May 2004, cmg@dok.org wrote:
>>
>>> You can try to read the group via gmane[1].  They are pretty good
>>> at filtering spam[2].
>>
>> They are good and people quickly mark whatever message is spam as
>> such, but it's still annoying to see the article count increment
>
> Well just have a look at
> gmane.linux.debian.devel.emacsen
> this is full of spam, it is very difficult to find real message among
> all this crap. I am not so sure that gmane does a much better job in
> spam filtering.

Try filtering on gmane.spam.detected in Xref [1].  Those detected spam
articles are automatically hidden in Loom (the web interface):
<URL:http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.emacsen>
See also <URL:http://gmane.org/spam-control.php>,
<URL:http://gmane.org/spam.php> and the Gnus spam reporting stuff
(info "(gnus)Gmane Spam Reporting").

[1] In Gnus, you can use the following score file:

,----
| (("xref"
|   ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s))
|  ("subject"