Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:42 -0000

On 10 Jun 2004, harder@myrealbox.com wrote:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
>> I would like to have the same format in gnus as I have in vm that
>> is roughly
>>
>> It should contain From To Date Subject that is handy for my mail I
>> have to see how it looks for news. In any case I played around and
>> could not set it, any suggestions.
>
> You can use
>
> %~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@
>
> in your `gnus-summary-line-format' to display the To header.  So the
> format might look something like:
>
> "%U%R%z%-23,23a %-23,23~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@ %d %s\n"

Ok thanks very much for this one
I tried
 '(gnus-summary-line-format "%U%R%z%I%N %(%[ %-20,20n%]%)
 %-23,23~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@ %d %4L %s")

(one line of course)

and it works nicely in the  mail groups but it  adds unwanted space in
the news groups I have to fiddle this out.

> Also look at the %f specifier which displays To instead of From if
> the From header is too boring, e.g. yourself.

Just putting the %f specifier double the from field but does not add a
to field, I don't know why.

regards

Uwe