Re: reading the cfd-online-forum with Gnus

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: Re: reading the cfd-online-forum with Gnus
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:24 -0000

Hallo,

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> On  8 jun 2004, Svend Tollak Munkejord wrote:
>
>> Today, Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> wrote:

>> > For what did you ask for? Changing it to a Mailinglist?
>>
>> No, I wasn't quite that radical :-)
>>
>> I asked if it was possible to access the CFD Online discussion forums
>> through a newsgroup or mailing list interface, and that I would like
>> to follow the discussions, but that I found the web interface
>> prohibitively awkward compared to that of a proper newsreader.
>
> I agree, I tried to go and  see that website and wow, that's horrible if
> you are not used to this design.
>
> I pretty sure,  you can ask the  website manager to offer a  RSS feed to
> their readers... And  then, you will be able to visit  it through a cool
> neat Gnus session ;)

I don't know to much about RSS feeds, but somehow I have to sell him the idea
to offer RSS feeds for the readers. So what advantages does the website manager
have when he offers a RSS feed? Is it just that Gnus-Reader can take a nice
look at his page? Is it hard and time consuming to implement?

Greetings!

--
Fabian Braennstroem
Berlin / Duesseldorf