Gnus Gcc bypasses spooling hooks, maybe an Agent problem? (was: Gnus-reg

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Gnus Gcc bypasses spooling hooks, maybe an Agent problem? (was: Gnus-registry problems)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:37:35 -0400

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, stm+direct_reply@bacchus.pvv.org wrote:

>>> 2. Another test: I write a message with Gcc: nnmaildir:mail.foo.
>>> and send it off. Followups to that message are not split to that
>>> group (unless I make some specific splitting rule). Is it supposed
>>> to work like this?
>>
>> Depends.  I don't know if Gcc will write the article with the
>> correct message ID (but common sense says it should).  Again, see
>> what the Messages buffer says.
>
> There was nothing about Gcc there (see above).

Hmm.  This is almost definitely a problem with Gcc then, it must
bypass the spooling hooks that I installed for the registry a long
time ago.

Is there anyone familiar with the Gcc mechanism?  I don't know why
gnus-inews-do-gcc is not calling the nnmail-spool-hook when it calls
gnus-request-accept-article.  Could this have something to with the
Agent?  I see the gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc function and I'm not
sure if it may be called so as to bypass the nnmail-spool-hook for
Svend.

Ted