Re: connect to MS Exchange ldap

From: Josh Huber
Subject: Re: connect to MS Exchange ldap
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:46:06 -0400

Serge Olkhowik <solo@isd.dp.ua> writes:

> * when query form is used I have to fill any search field exactly, i.e. not
>   "solo" for e-mail, but "solo@isd.dp.ua"
>
>   is it possible to exec partial match query?

I wonder if the LDAP schema is different for your exchange setup?

I can show my entry in our ldap directory with something like this:

ldapsearch -x -D "jhuber@company.com" -b "dc=company,dc=com" -W \
  -h dc1.company.com "cn=Josh Huber"

I have this in my custom configuration:

'(eudc-inline-query-format (quote ((sn) (givenName) (givenName
  sn) (mailNickname) (sAMAccountName))))

Each is a symbol in the schema which eudc will try to match on
with whatever text is before the point (when you issue an
eudc-expand-inline).

Here are a few:

givenName: Josh
sn: Huber
mailNickname: jhuber
sAMAccountName: jhuber

> * eudc-expand-inline doesn't work properly, for example I'm typing "solo"
>   and then "M-x eudc-expand-inline" - it removes my text (i.e. "solo") and
>   opens another buffer like this:
>
> ,----
> | Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
> | In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.
> |
> | Possible completions are:
> `----

Are the "possible completions" really empty?  I wonder if this
has something to do with the query format as well...

What is the value of eudc-inline-query-format, and do the
symbols match the schema of your ldap directory entries?

--
Josh Huber