Re: IMAP diagnostics questions

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: IMAP diagnostics questions
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:57:30 +0200

> jesse@phiwumbda.org (Jesse F. Hughes) writes:
>
>> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>>
>>> I think your messages looks quite confusing, though.  Perhaps C-k them
>>> and resubscribe them, to get the server definition of the groups
>>> correct, will help.
>>
>> Now *that* seems to help.  Boy, it's a lot faster now.  Thanks much.
>>
>> I don't think I did anything too odd in creating them.  I created each
>> group by moving mail from an nnml group to an imap group, and I was
>> thereby automatically subscribed to the imap group.  Is there a bug
>> perhaps, or did I make an error?
>
> It shouldn't happen, but reproducing it seem difficult.  Can you
> reproduce it now?  Use `G e' on a group the find out which server it
> use.  The correct is "nnimap:yourmailserver", the bad is (nnimap
> "yourmailserver"), and the in-between case is (nnimap "yourmailserver"
> (nnimap-foo bar...)), i.e. your entire fully qualified server
> definition.

At present, I have the correct answer above.

In retrospect, I think that my migration wasn't as sensible as it is
described up above.  At one point, I vacillated on whether to call my
server "PW" or "pw".  I think that I had changed the name of the
server to lower case temporarily while moving groups over.  I'd bet
that's the source of the funkiness.

Thanks again.
--
Jesse F. Hughes

"A factor is simply something that multiplies against another factor
to produce a 'product'."  -- James Harris offers a definition.