bogofilter behavior

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: bogofilter behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 05:06:44 -0500

This may be a little out of line for this groups.

The bogofilter mail list seems to be pretty dead.  So please bare with
me for moment.

I'm using bogofilter in procmail not gnus, but if someone is familiar
please talk to me off list.

I'm using the most primitive setup.  Where procmail runs bogofilter
then checks the bogofilter header for spammyness.

In bogo_spam.in group some false positives occur and I run them back
thru bogofilter according to my reading of the man pages, this should
correct any misfiling that occured in bogo data base.

`bogofilter -v -Sn < MSG_NUM (a false positive file name)

However some of these false hits have recurred several times and are
very similar.  I was under the impression that the above command would
tell bogofilter these are not spam.  It seems to have no effect.

The message type that has recurred the most are those auto things from
gmane about posting on groups.  Why doesn't bogofilter catch on?

Is my command supposed to do what I think it is?