Re: bogofilter behavior

From: Matthias Andree
Subject: Re: bogofilter behavior
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:38:44 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> In spam.el, we could either automatically get those from `bogofilter
> -v' or allow the user to set a bogofilter-version that would set all
> the switches.
>
> What do you think?

Ted, you would have to use bogofilter -V instead (capital letter 'V'
vee).

According to the NEWS file, these are the two most recent changes WRT
-n/-N/-s/-S options:

2003-03-03, version 0.11.0: (still in effect)

        * Separated message registration options from unregistration
          options.  '-S' and '-N' have been changed and now just do
          unregistration.  To move a message from one wordlist to the
          other, use '-S -n' or '-N -s' (as appropriate)

2002-10-20, version 0.7.5:

        * The option names -h/-H are back to -n/-N like they were in version
          0.6, and -h now means "help".

I'd suggest refusing to work with bogofilter versions older than 0.10.2
and it's recommended to warn about versions older than 0.17.5 which is
now three months old. Remember that bogofilter 0.X versions are still
under development.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)