POP server in mail-sources

From: Rob French
Subject: POP server in mail-sources
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 03:45:21 GMT

There is probably a really simple solution to this. I want to retrieve
my mail via POP. However, rather than using the built-in method, I use
getmail, because it allows me to customize things a bit (eg, I like to
keep old messages on the server for a week after I download them).

The documentation for mail-sources says that if you specify the :program
option, the string has to include %t, for the file to which the mail
goes. This is unnecessary in my case, as the getmailrc file determines
what goes where. Can I simply specify my mail sources as

(pop :program "getmail")

I may have messed up the syntax a bit, but you get the picture.

Thanks!
-Rob