Re: Gnus after start....

From: Josef Oswald
Subject: Re: Gnus after start....
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:53:55 GMT

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 23 2004, Josef Oswald wrote:
>
>> Well what I like is that after Gnus starts, and gets all the Mail and
>> checks the News-Server that it switches into a certain Mail-group which
>> I read usually as first.
>>
>> Any hints?
>
> ,-----[ M-x apropos-variable RET gnus.*start.*hook RET ]
> | gnus-before-startup-hook
> |   Variable: A hook called at before startup.
> | gnus-started-hook
> |   Variable: A hook called as the last thing after startup.
> | gnus-startup-hook
> |   Variable: A hook called at startup.
> `----
>
> (defun my-gnus-startup ()
>   (interactive)
>   (gnus-group-jump-to-group "nnml+foo:bar"))
>
> Put `my-gnus-startup' into `gnus-started-hook' should do the trick.

Thanks for your help :-)

I works kind of, in the summary buffer the cursor (in topic Mode on of
off) jumps now to the desired group.

What I would like ( and maybe I did not express myself well enough) is
that I can see the messages in that group.

So right now I still have to hit RET  o poor me :-) to see the messages.

BTW, M-x apropos-variable is not available in my (Beta-versions of XEmacs and
Gnus)  but I found what i need in gnus-start.

--
Josef Oswald also -> gnus@chello.at  :-)