Re: Which is better, xemacs or gnu emacs?

From: Adrian Aichner
Subject: Re: Which is better, xemacs or gnu emacs?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:31:38 +0200

"Mike Cox" <mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com> writes:

>> 4.  Emacs by default creates backup documents, you'll find them in
>>     the same directory as the file you were working on with a tilde
>>     after the filename.  Hopefully XEmacs, which I've never used, does
>>     the same thing.
>
> I looked for it.  I also did that ALT-M thing to try to recover.  Whatever
> happened must of been quite serious because it ate my autosave document.

Mike, what are your values for

auto-save-directory
and
auto-save-hash-p
?

They should be the equivalent of
"~/.autosave"
and
nil
respectively.

What customizations of auto.*save variables have you made?

What does ALT-M do for you and in what context do you use it?

Have you tried
M-x recover-session
and
M-x recover-all-files

Do you have a ~/.autosave directory?

If yes, are there any files in it?

As Steve Youngs already suggested, send a bug report!

--
Adrian Aichner
 mailto:adrian@xemacs.org