Re: Diff. automatic article washing dependent on whether in mail- or new

From: Peter G.
Subject: Re: Diff. automatic article washing dependent on whether in mail- or newsgroup
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:21:14 +0200

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 21 2004, Peter G. wrote:
>
>> I'm having a bit of a problem (not being much knowledgeable in Lisp)
>> about how to set Gnus op to use two sets of article washing - likely
>> by using the gnus-select-article-hook - depending on whether I'm
>> reading mail or news.  In short I'd like Gnus to do one sort of
>> automatic washing when I'm reading a newsgroup and another sort of
>> (or none) washing when I'm reading my maildir groups.

SNIP

> Just like `gnus-show-threads' above you may also use
> `gnus-treat-fill-long-lines', `gnus-treat-hide-citation' and other
> washing functions.  "^nnml" or similar should cover all your mail
> groups.

Doesn't fullfill my needs. Let me rephrase.

I have automatic word-wrap (gnus-article-fill-cited-article) enabled via
the added hook "gnus-select-article-hook". Unfortunately I do not want
my emails to be automatically wordwrapped by this hook.

I also wonder if there is other ways to do the "..fill-cited-article"
word-wrap instead of using "gnus-select-article-hook", since it seems to
invalidate the 'C-u g' method of viewing the raw article.

> When more people use "X-No-Archive: yes" like you do, you'll not find
> anything in Google.

1) Point taken. I'll limit my use of it in technical groups :-)
2) I had hoped that even Google (web search) might have revealed
something . ;-)

--
Regards, Peter
Topposters and other annoying elements will be killfiled in silence.