Re: How to use Maildir for everything? How to duplicate behaviour of mut

From: Juhapekka Tolvanen
Subject: Re: How to use Maildir for everything? How to duplicate behaviour of mutt?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:14:39 +0300

Juhapekka Tolvanen <SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid> writes:

>> prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Hopefully somebody can fix it. Meanwhile I can use this not-so-elegant
> way:
>
> (setq mail-self-blind t)

Blah... It does not fscking work for me.

> It means it sends blind carbon copy of E-Mail to me. Then I must filter
> it to right sent-mail-YYYY-MM -folder with procmail.

This works: Just put Bcc: -header to posting styles:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(
                (".*" ;;default
                 (name "Juhapekka Tolvanen")
         (signature-file "~/.signature")
         (organization "What?+ Me organized?+ Never!1")
                 )
        (message-news-p        ;; A function symbol: Usenet News
         (address "SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid")
                 ("Reply-To" "SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid")
                 ("Bcc" "juhtolv")
                 )
        (message-mail-p        ;; A function symbol: E-Mail
         (address "juhtolv@cc.jyu.fi")
                 ("Reply-To" "juhtolv@iki.fi")
                 ("Bcc" "juhtolv")
                 )
                )
          )

 * * *

Next "problem" is to convert my mutt-aliases to some format that Gnus
understands well. I think I'll convert them to BBDB. More about it here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/BbdbImporters
http://abook.sourceforge.net/

I also have GSM-phone and I can connect it to my computer with gnokii.

http://www.gnokii.org/

It seems there is some software that can convert data from BBDB to
gnokii. And then gnokii can upload them to my GSM-phone.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"halpojen hoitojen maailma uljas haluaa taistosi latistaa, mielesi